1. Download Grizzly from Themeforest
Download Grizzly theme from Themeforest and unzip it with any zip program or 7zip. Once unzipped, you will find these file in unzipped folder.
- grizzly-theme.zip – zip of theme files that need to be uploaded to your WordPress installation.
- grizzly-child.zip – zip of child theme files that need to be uploaded to your WordPress installation.
- psds – layered PSD sources.
- license – license of the theme.
- documentation – documentation files in html format.
- demo – demo data to be imported.
2. Install the theme on Server
Before install the theme, make sure you have setup WordPress 3.3.1 or higher and your host has PHP 5 or higher.
Method 1. Install via WordPress built-in Theme installer
Login to WordPress Admin Panel by navigate to
http://yoursite.com/wp-admin and follow instructions below. [instruction image]
- Navigate to Appearance > Theme.
- Click on Install Teams section.
- Click on Upload link.
- Browse the grizzly-theme.zip that located in the unzipped folder and press Install Now button.
Method 2. Install via FTP
You need an FTP program such as FileZilla to upload the theme package to server.
- Unzipped the grizzly-theme.zip and you will get folder “grizzly-theme”.
- Upload grizzly-theme folder to
your WordPress root directory/wp-content/themes/with FileZilla or other FTP client.
3. Activate the Theme
Navigate to Appearance > Theme and you will see Grizzly in Available Themes lists. Click on Activate link below the theme detail to activate it.
After activation, you will see Grizzly admin section on the Admin Menu below Appearance menu. [instruction image]
4. Import Sample Content
We prepare sample content to help you start using Grizzly fast.
- Navigate to Tools > Import.
- Click on WordPress link to import from WordPress system.
- Browse the file
/demo/and click on Upload file and import button
- Check the option “Download and import file attachments” and click on Submit button
- Navigate to Grizzly > Setting > Home > Home Page select “Home (…)” from drop down list and click save.
- Navigate to Grizzly ? Setting > Blog > Blog Page select “Blog (…)” from drop down list and click save.